In 2016 I shared Practical Guide to Blog Commenting and the post has generated a lot of responses till now.
While commenting on a blog we have a responsibility as a reader, follower, and blogger. Commenting is like starting a conversation, and it can either be a successful one or a failure.
Here are a few more points to keep in mind while commenting on blogs-
- Commenting on a post and not returning to acknowledge the reply by the blogger.
- Posting a really lengthy comment which is not related to the post.
- Getting personal or irate because one does not agree with the post and leaving a nasty comment.
- Masking the IP address/using a fake email address to make a comment. Well, that comment will certainly land in SPAM.
- Commenting on a blog without actually reading the post or without introducing yourself if you are a first-time visitor.
- Leaving a comment and really not interested in taking the conversation/communication forward. (A blogger spends time to reply to comments and it should be valued)
- Remember, in this digital world it is important to create the right impression. A thoughtful comment and reply will help you communicate effectively, and taken seriously as a blogger.
- Comment to further the thought that has been discussed by the blogger. Comments are to discuss, ideate, and communicate new thoughts.